Sunday, July 18, 2010

"My Religion" - Tyler Smith


A few weeks ago, I read this very well-written response to a generally difficult question for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons). One of my best friends from the mission, Tyler Smith, who is always very crafty with words, wrote it. I commend it to you all. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.alltyler.com/2010/06/my-religionfor-real.html

I add my testimony to Tyler's. Christ is the center of my faith. He is the Redeemer of my soul. I wish there was something I could do to repay that debt fully. The only thing I can do is try my hardest to live my live as He lived His. We can all do it. "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am" (3 Nephi 27:27). However, we don't always have to live that way because Christ wants us to or commands us to. With time, we will want to live that way. It will be sweet and joyous to us to help others, to say a kind word, to look for the good in others, to be a better person. After all, we are here to have joy. "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25). As Tyler suggests, focus on those things. Leave the world building to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment